No homeowner wants their air conditioner to break down all of a sudden – not only does it cause discomfort and a great hassle to you and your home’s other inhabitants, it can also leave a significant dent in your wallet.
Read on to find out about a few different ways you can help avoid emergency air conditioning repair.
1. Put your programmable thermostat to good use. The less work your air conditioner needs to exert, the less chances of it breaking down or failing on you. Your programmable thermostat can manage your air conditioning unit’s amount of work, especially when no one is home. You can adjust the settings of your thermostat so that your air conditioner maintains a relatively higher temperature when the house is empty (meaning it would need to exert less effort keeping the room cool), and will only adjust to a cooler temperature once you and the other members of your family are home. With a programmable thermostat that cleverly manages the work load of your air conditioner, you’re helping your air conditioner last a little longer.
2. Ensure that your home has proper insulation. Especially during the summer months, insulation for your home is critical in keeping it considerably cool. Without the proper insulation, your air conditioning system will have to work that much harder to keep your house cool, and the harder your air conditioning unit works, the more prone it is to breaking down and eventually requiring immediate split system air conditioner repair.
3. Make sure the area where your air conditioning system’s outdoor unit is located is always clean and well-maintained. Foreign materials like fallen leaves, branches, dried twigs and other debris can enter your air conditioner’s outdoor unit, potentially damaging some of its vital components. You must also keep the area around your air conditioning system’s outdoor unit free from potential hazards, such as trees that can fall on the unit during extreme weather. Such accidents will almost certainly entail emergency air conditioning repair.
4. Don’t ignore your air conditioner’s little nuances and changes. If you notice little things like a relatively higher electrical bill this month versus the previous month, though you are certain you used the air conditioner at only around the same frequency, or if you hear small noises coming from your air conditioning unit or detect strange subtle smells, these little nuances can be an indication of bigger problems. And you should have your unit checked immediately before the problem gets worse. Contact your trusted air conditioning service company immediately should you notice any of these subtle signs.
5. Regularly change your air filters. The filters on an air conditioning unit is a simple component of a relatively complex machine, but it is a critical one. Unfortunately, this critical component also experiences the most wear and tear, and at a relatively frequent pace. Regularly cleaning or replacing your air conditioning unit’s filters can save you from bigger problems with your unit in the long run, so never put it off!
Don’t forget to schedule regular air conditioning service. Prevention is always better than the cure, and this is most definitely true when it comes to air conditioning maintenance.
You have enjoyed excellent service from your water heater after the heater installation. A discovery that something is faulty and needs to be repaired is made. You can’t imagine a winter without a heater. Now you need the services of a heater technician; you check your phone book, you check from the internet, you call friends and inquire from neighbors for the best tech around town. The feedback you get is overwhelming and more confusing. You have hundreds of options to at hand to choose from.
Don’t make the mistake of calling a technician whom you are not sure of his or her expertise. A minor repair if not handled correctly may cost you a lot by making it complicated or even forcing a replacement of the whole system. Here are few qualities you should put into consideration when searching for a heater repair.
How long has the technician done this job? A technician may be licensed but with no experience. A technician with several years in the field indicates trust of the society and many satisfied clients. He has come across many issues of heating repair Melbourne, water heaters commonly have and knows how to deal with them with ease. Competent understanding of how the system operates is not only crucial for better services but minimizes injury or even death.
2.Licensed and duly certified
This is another very critical factor to consider. Nearly all professional jobs require its practitioners to have a permit of practice. The technician should possess the valid licenses, and you should confirm its status first before settling on one. He or she should belong to a professional association for credibility.
Choose a technician who offers you a guarantee for the installation or repair of your water heater system. A guarantee will give you peace of mind knowing that you have someone to raise the alarm to in case things don’t work as expected. A technician offering a guarantee implies that they are confident in their abilities and past performances. It is a sign that they are sure of what they are doing you will love what he or she does. Only trust a technician who believes himself or herself on the work they do.
Every human being will prefer someone or an organization which offers the best of customer care services. For instance a 24/7 emergency service. Your ducted heating repair will not break down at your time of convenience, so you need a technician who will be reachable any time of the day. Make sure you choose and stick to a specialist who will answer your call for assistance any hour of the day, any day of the week to avoid inconveniencing yourself or wasting time waiting for a technician.
choose a professional with a good reputation. He or she must have some references where you can inquire about their past jobs. Contacting a list of both recent and past customers he or she has worked for can help you prove the technician’s reputation. You should also get the relevant details regarding the projects done before, and how they fired on.
6.Cost- Every family would love to save a few coins for other home expenses. Cheap is always expensive, and also expensive is not always the best. Make the right decision when it comes to technician pricing. See if the practitioner understands the current market pricing of certain parts of the water system. Don’t allow to be exploited. Narrow your choices to 2-3 best technicians following the above factors and compare their prices.
Other tips which may help you choose the best heater technician includes: know the right questions to ask, choose a reputable company, look for rebates, read online reviews, and ask friends and neighbours.
During hot days, there is not a single instance when we switch off the air conditioner and whether it is our home or our workplace, the air conditioner is always on. Air conditioners are also machines and therefore, they are prone to come up with certain issues that might steal the luxury of you using the system for some time. Hence, it is necessary to get your air conditioning unit serviced regularly to enjoy uninterrupted cooling otherwise; you might have to go through an air conditioning repairs process that might cost you some extra bucks, which is unnecessary. It is impossible that you will turn off the AC during hot summer days, so maintaining it as per the usage is an important thing to do for uninterrupted cooling. With regular maintenance and servicing, you can prevent air conditioning repair. It will not only help you avoid any breakdowns but also help you save some money that you will have to spend replacing the old parts. Here are some ways by which you can easily maintain your air conditioning system.
Cleaning the outdoor unit:
The outdoor unit of an air conditioning is dirtier and prone to getting damaged in comparison with the indoor unit. This is because; the outdoor unit is also the exhaust of the air conditioner that throws out the unwanted air from the rooms. It attracts more dust particles than anything else in the system. So, cleaning it with a hose is a good thing to do to make the exhaust work properly. Otherwise, debris and other dust particles will keep depositing on the fans and the motor and at last, it will stop functioning properly.
Cleaning the indoor unit:
This is where the cool air circulates from. Make sure that there are no dust particles attached to the screens and the vents, it can block the air passage, making the air conditioner to use more power to throw out the air. It is not only necessary to keep the air conditioner working properly but the dust particles can mix with the air it is throwing and there is a possibility of you inhaling the contaminated air, making you allergic and sick.
Air filters need to be replaced once in a while:
Depending on the usage, make sure that the air filters of your air conditioner are replaced on a timely basis. This will help you breathe clean air. Schedule it on your mobile device that in every three months you have to replace the air filters of your AC; being on a schedule will help you to combat future problems that may lead to air conditioning repair scenarios.
Keep the system pest-free:
This is yet another thing that will help you maintain your air conditioning system for years. By ensuring that rodents or critters like rats or squirrels are not using your AC system as their beloved home can help you save some extra bucks on repair. Rats have the tendency to nibble on the wires and other components they find interesting. Thus, having a regular pest control in your house is a great way to deal with the critters that can easily damage your property.
Word of caution:
It is necessary that when you do air conditioning service all by yourself, make sure that all the wires are unplugged. And handle the copper wires with delicate hands or else there is a probability of you denting it.
If you are an individual who lives in a relatively hotter region, you probably know how air conditioning is an essential commodity. Air conditioners are intended to regulate both the humidity and the temperatures of a house, giving you the desired comfort.Thanks to the technological advancements, we now have a wide variety of heating and cooling devices to choose from. A special type of AC, known as the split system is currently the most preferred heating and cooling device. In fact, it is a decent alternative to the centralised, wall or window cooling units. However, it is imperative to note that it is perfect for cooling a standard-sized house. It is easy to install and with minimal installation costs.
A split system HVAC consists of two main components that look very similar, namely the compressor and the evaporator. However, these elements are located at different locations, with one being outside the house while the other one being indoors. The component installed inside your house contains the fan as well as the evaporator. On the other hand, the outside element houses the compressor and is charged with the duty of the entire cooling process. These two functional parts are connected with a series of tubing as well as electrical cables that transfer the air between them.
Regarding how a split system air conditioner works, there is a thermostat that regulates the compressor. After detecting the relatively warmer air, the thermostat then activates the outdoor component that houses the compressor. The compressor, in turn, releases a refrigerant gas thus raising both the pressure and the temperature of the coolant. This is achieved through the compression of the refrigerant as it passes through a series of tubes. After this, the refrigerant is transferred to the condenser for additional processing. There is a cooling unit inside the condenser that eliminates heat from the high-pressure gas. This ensures that the gas is changed into a liquid. The liquid is then passed through your indoor tubing ensuring that it reaches the evaporator unit. Inside your house, there is an evaporator fan which gathers warm air, moving it to the chamber which contains the liquid refrigerant. By blowing this cooled air back into your room, the overall temperature of the house will drop drastically.
What to look for when purchasing a split system air conditioner.
Just like any other home appliance, there are key factors that you should take into consideration before investing in a split system air conditioner.
1. Tubing: It is critical to note that in addition to purchasing a split system air conditioner, you’ll be needed to invest in the tubing. Typically, it will be used to link the outdoor and the indoor components of your cooling and heating device. In this regard, the length of tubing you’ll need entirely depends on how far these two parts are apart from each other.
How many rooms do you want to cool? If you only intend to cool a single room, then it would be unnecessary buying a system that will work for your entire structure. Again, a single zone device may not be adequate to cool the multiple rooms in your house. Depending on your current needs, and with the help of an experienced air conditioning repair perth technician, you’ll always find a unit that suits your demands.
2. The cooling speed: Your split system air conditioner must have an adjustable temperature control with at least two cooling speeds. Again, an energy efficient functionality will be an important aspect since it will allow you to minimise your energy costs while still offering excellent cooling.
3. Dual function: Currently, air conditioners are not just about cooling. We now have multi-purpose HVAC products which you can equally use during cold periods for heating purpose. If you didn’t know, experts agree that Cold and Hot air conditioners can potentially save you up to thirty-five percent energy than the other heating devices.
4. Other factors: Some air conditioners come equipped with the so-called dehumidification functionality which decreases the amount of humidity in the air thus increasing the efficiency of the cooling process. Again, it would be an excellent idea to check the noise levels of your device, which often ranges between nine to sixty decibels. Finally, your unit should be equipped with an auto restart controller to help restore its final setting after power break incidences.
With time or may be as a result of poor maintenance practices, your split air conditioner will eventually start to cause you problems. Issues such as reduced cooling capacity, insufficient cooling, damaged compressor, motor problems will then become quite common. When seeking for repair services, you should only work with the most experienced and licensed HVAC technicians. When handled inappropriately, more problems could develop, rendering your useful component worthless.
Scorching hot days not only mean intensely high temperatures, but also high expenses. Hot days can especially cause your electric bill to skyrocket – poorly maintained air conditioner, not properly installed and in operation all day can lead to very high costs.
But it’s not like you can turn on the air conditioner on a hot summer day – or can you? Believe it or not, there are ways that you can save on your electricity bill even when you regularly use the air conditioner. All it takes is a few small steps that lead to big savings.
If you want to keep your home a cool and comfortable place to live in for you and your family but don’t want the surprise of an extremely high electricity bill at the end of the month.
Here are a few tips to help you save money and electricity with smart air conditioning.
- Keep your air conditioning unit running in the morning but turned off at night. Days are normally warmer than nights and when you will need the air conditioner more. So keep your air conditioner running during the daytime hours, but conserve energy and electricity by turning the air conditioner off at night. Open your windows and let the cool night air in, instead of having the air conditioner cool your room for you.
- Replace your air conditioner’s filter regularly. Keeping your air conditioner running at optimized levels allows you to get the most out of it while keeping your electricity costs at bay. Make sure you regularly check and clean your air conditioner. The easiest way to maintain your air conditioning unit is to constantly check if its filter is clean. The filter can get clogged with dirt and dust, so cleaning it or replacing it when needed allows the air conditioner to run better.
- Install weather stripping around your doors and windows to ensure that cool air by the air conditioner will not escape through cracks and small spaces around these doors and windows. Furthermore, properly insulating your home from the heat will make it easier for your air conditioning unit to cool the many spaces of your home.
- Keep your thermostat at 72 degrees Fahrenheit or 22 degrees Celsius, as this is the optimal temperature if you want to save on your electricity bill. Note that for every degree that you increase your thermostat, the more you’ll save on your electricity bill. You can also have a programmable thermostat installed with a timer so you can have the system adjust the temperature automatically for you in an efficient and optimal way.
- Lessen the asphalt, rock and cement on the south and west areas outside your home, as these materials can heat up and increase the temperature around the house and consequently inside the house as well. If your landscaping requires a lot of these materials, make sure the areas where they are placed are shaded.
The heating system is a valuable investment for your home. When it breaks down you need to hire a company that you trust to do the heating repair for you. You need to be careful when choosing a home heating repair. It is dangerous to hire a technician without doing research. They could permanently damage your heating system. It could also result to overpaying for a service or higher electricity bills. Heating repair is a technical job that requires hiring professionals and taking safety precautions. There are many heating repair technicians. Finding the one suited for the job can be tricky. Here are tips to consider before hiring one.
Ask for referrals
Asking your friends, coworkers or family for recommendations is the best way of finding a company that is experienced in this field. People that you know are known to give honest impressions. When you get in touch with the company, ask them for references from previous clients. Check their website for any testimonials. Do not hire them if you find any complains.
Only Hire Qualified Professional
A professional heater technician should have a license. Ask them for their license number and then check if they are accredited. The licence should be current. Check if they have proof of insurance. The insurance should cover liability and worker compensation. If they do not have you could be held responsible for accident in your premises. A good professional should carry out regular maintenance on the system that they install.
Compare their prices
Contractors offer different services and charge different prices. Contact several contractors and compare their service and rates. A good contractor should not quote a price before inspecting your premises. They should inspect and assess your needs first. The cost that they quote should include cost for labour, material, potential energy saving, taxes and warranty. Take into account any special deals that they offer. They help to keep the costs down. Also, check the financing options. Some contractors require that you pay a deposit first before they begin work. Read their terms carefully.
Seek out experience
Find out from the contractor or their website how long they have been doing business. Check if they are part time or long term contractors and their area of expertise. Choose a professional full time contractor and one that has experience on working on systems similar to yours.
Get it in Writing
After landing the right heating repair contractor, make sure that you put your agreement in writing before work begins. The contract should spell out the cost of the job, project schedule and warranty if possible. All the terms that you have agreed should be included. Read the contract before signing it. Make sure that you keep copies of all documents that you sign.
Heating systems are not cheap. You need them especially during the winter and summer. If heating repair adelaide technician need repair, make sure that you hire a technician that you trust. The tips discussed above make it easier for you to get the best heating repair contractor. Make use of them.
Commercial HVAC systems are astonishingly complex. Their primary purpose is to offer a comfortable working environment for everyone in the building. It is achieved by getting rid of contaminated air through filtration or exhaust systems, managing energy, and taking air from outside to control indoor temperatures.
While most people may find that the systems are quite complex, it is important to have a clue on how they work. It might help out loads in case a problem crops up in the future.
Essential Parts Of The Commercial Systems
The systems are made up of different parts that may include:
- Fans- these are responsible for the circulation of the supply of air as well as return air.
- Air devices- such as outlets and inlets.
- Supply air ductwork- it is where the heated air flows through after it is released from the fans.
- Auxiliary heating device- it can be an electric heating system or a natural gas heating furnace.
- Filtering sections- their main work is to remove any dust particles and dirt from the system and in the air.
- Controls- they handle the regulation of the flow of air, and they also start and stop the unit.
The above list is not exhaustive as many other parts work together to warm your business premise during cold weather.
How Do The Systems Function In Huge Buildings
Taking a look at standard commercial HVAC systems, you will note that burners in the system generate combustion gases when the heating system is turned on. From here they are transported to a heat exchanger.
Air is warmed when it is blown across the heat exchanger. Warm air is finally carried through various ducts to heat up the whole building.
What Are The Factors That Define Your HVAC System
All HVAC systems come with some standard components. However, there are different ways of optimising and implementing HVAC systems. When choosing the system to use some of the elements that contribute to efficient performance include:
- Fuel that is responsible for heating is it gas, oil or electricity?
- The coolant- is it an air conditioner, chiller, gas air conditioner or electric heat pump?
- How is the cooling or heating delivered through space- Is it a water system or ducted air?
- What is the type of ventilation approach used? Does the system have a dedicated ventilation system used?
Types Of Commercial HVAC Systems Available
Commercial buildings can take advantage of various interconnected systems that offer cooling and heating for individual floors as well as other areas. Some solutions that you may see in the large-scale systems include:
- Roof top units- these are installed on the ceiling and some of the ground. Conditioned air is then ducted into space. A majority of businesses prefer to use this kind.
- Heat pumps- they extract heat from water or air before it is heated. They work just like refrigerators but in reverse. For the water source heat pump, the pipe transports the water via the structure in a bid to supply the heat pump.
- Heaters- these are available in two types- hot air furnace which burns fuel to heat air and the radiant heaters that make use of invisible infrared radiation to directly heat the objects.
- Chillers- they generate cool water that is distributed to air cooling coils through sophisticated piping systems.
It is one of those hot summer days. Naturally, you turn to your heating system. Unfortunately, it won’t start up, or it starts up and isn’t working as it should. Most problems with HVAC units can be traced back to the heating system filter.
Here are some of the reasons why you need to take care of your heating system filter.
What is the Role of the Heating System Filter?
The heating system filter keeps your heating system clean. If it weren’t there, every part of the air conditioning system would be filled up with dust and other buildups, which would then be emitted around your home/business premises.
In essence, the filter’s primary role is to keep your HVAC system running optimally.
The filter itself needs regular cleaning or replacement if required so that it functions as expected. Given that its primary purpose is to keep your heating system clean the filter is most susceptible to dust build up.
What Happens If You Don’t Maintain Your Heating System Filter?
If you do not stick to regular maintenance of your heating system filter, the result will be the inefficient performance of your HVAC system.
When the filter is dirty, it will cause the HVAC unit to use up more energy because it has to work harder to provide the heating required. It can also lead to the breakdown of other parts of the heating system.
Some of the other consequences of not maintaining your heating system as required include:
- Burning smells
- Smoke or dust emission
- Longer time to warm up your home/office
- Higher costs of energy
- Reduced equipment life
- Increased repair costs
As you can see, several things can go wrong if your heating system filter is not maintained as required.
Proper Heating System Filter Maintenance
First things first, regular cleaning of your heating system filter will help to keep it working optimally. If you are not too sure how to go about it, get an HVAC professional to service your filter as well as your heating system as a whole.
A heating system filter should be replaced every 1 to 3 months, depending on the particular model and your general usage.
It is equally important to be able to take note of signs that your filter needs cleaning or replacement. For instance, if you turn on your heater and you smell dust, or some dust is emitted from the unit then you should instantly clean your filters. Another tell sign would be dust build up in the air ducts or outer casing of your heating system.
Increased energy costs could be an indication of clogged up filters as well. The most serious signs include burning smells, smoke coming out of your HVAC unit or even fires erupting from your HVAC system.
As you can see, it is critical to take care of your heating system filter. The HVAC filter plays a crucial role in ensuring that your heating system functions as required. Schedule regular maintenance of your heating system filter and replacement as needed.
During the summer when the temperatures rise, most people crank up their air cons. Increased air con use comes with cost implications, which many of us would love to figure out a way around. Here are six tips to keep your residential air conditioning costs low.
- Get an Energy Efficient Residential Air Conditioning System
As they say ‘prevention is better than cure,’ and if you are in a position to first and foremost get an energy efficient residential air conditioning system.
Central air con systems tend to be more cost effective compared to through-the-wall or window units. They also tend to be quieter, convenient and don’t get in the way with their placement.
- Shade Placement
The placement of your air con system plays a role when it comes to keeping costs down. The best placement should be within a shaded space.
When in contact with sunlight, most residential air conditioning systems will first work to cool off internally before cooling the surrounding air. When the air con first has to cool itself up, it uses more energy and resulting in higher energy costs.
Therefore, placing an air con system in a shaded space means that the air con system will be able to cool much faster compared to if it’s put in contact with sunlight.
- Keep Heat Away from the Thermostat
Still, about placement, you should ideally place your air con’s thermostat away from appliances that produce heat.
When the thermostat senses heat, it will run longer, and you know what this means. You want to keep it running for as long as necessary and therefore keeping it away from the sun, TV sets and lamps will help tremendously.
- A Little Heat Never Hurt
In as much as you want to maintain a cold environment indoors, especially during those hot summer months, surviving through a little heat will keep your costs down.
Most residential air conditioning systems will consume a lot of energy when the temperature is dialled down to below 78. Estimated have it that dialling your air con down to temperatures below 78 increases power consumption up to 8%.
Say your monthly energy bill is $100, if you can keep the temperature at 78 or above you’ll be able to cut about $8 or more off your bill.
Also, when completely not necessary, you can live without switching on the air con.
- Clean the Air Con’s System
Amongst the leading cause of high residential air conditioning costs is clogged filters. The air con’s filters should be cleaned out at least once monthly particularly in the summer months when it is in high use.
The air con’s filters tend to get clogged up with dust and other allergens with increased use. Clogged filters make the unit work harder to supply cold air, and the result is more energy consumption.
Cleaning and replacing air filters when needed can help reduce energy costs.
By implementing one or a combination of these suggested tips, you are sure to keep your residential air conditioning costs low. Remember that maintenance goes a long way in keeping your air con system functioning in tip top condition as expected.
Inbound marketing is a very effective strategy to attract customers. Here are some inbound marketing strategies that can help home improvement companies to get customers.
Develop local awareness
Inbound marketing can result in immediate increase in local SEO. The study indicates that 50% of consumers who do a local search from a smartphone is likely to visit a local store within a short time. If the customer can find your company when they search for home improvement service, then they are likely to pick your service. It can also rank your sites high in the search results for local businesses.
Educate your DIY customers
Customers often search for answers to their problems online. DIYers are those who want to fix problems on their own. You can produce contents to empower your audience. For example, you can write an article on how to fix clogged drain. So, if a user looking for an immediate solution to fixing a clogged drain, then he or she may come across your article. So, they will learn about your company.
Continues to build SEO
Inbound marketing content builds your SEO continuously. It keeps on educating your audience even long after the first date the content was published. With every inbound marketing campaign, you will be creating blogs, social media posts, etc. around a specific theme. You must create quality contents for your audience, and they will find it online whenever they need.
Form relationships in the community
Inbound marketing can help to develop the relationship with your community and audience. When prospective clients visit social networks, they want to see your connection to the community. Social media is very effective in inbound marketing campaigns.
It is cost effective
Inbound marketing is more cost effective than outbound marketing. If you have limited marketing budget, then you should use inbound marketing strategy.
You can see that each of the benefit discussed above supports the others. Inbound marketing is a very effective strategy, and the home improvement companies must make full use of it.