You woke up this morning and the temperature is reading 37.8◦C, yes it’s a heat wave, its like you and Mr. Sun had a misunderstanding the other day and now he’s coming against you in all his scorching glory, but you’re not bothered, you have one trick up your sleeve that Mr. Sun didn’t anticipate; Air Conditioning.
WHAT IS AIR CONDITIONING
An air conditioning system is a system that has one primary purpose; it takes warm or hot air from the atmosphere in a specified area and replaces it with cooler and more humid air. Really an Air conditioning system has one main purpose to reduce unfavorable temperatures. Generally, our bodies are most comfortable when the air inside our homes is within a degree or two of a steady 24◦C during the hot summer months. Air conditioning which was at some point available to a select few (The affluent), has now become a ubiquitous commodity everyone owns to deal with the occasional heat waves that occur every now and then. To some air conditioning is more than just an appliance, it has really become a part of our everyday lives, we use it in our cars, in the office, at home and really anywhere we have one whether there’s a need to do so or not.
Air conditioning has various real-life applications. Air conditioners do not just cool air, they help to control temperatures. A complete system which comprises of a heater system, an air conditioning system, and a ventilation system is usually referred to as HVAC. An HVAC helps in complete temperature regulations of specified systems, whether by making them cooler in adversely hot climate (Common in summertime) or making them hotter in adversely cold climate conditions (Common in winter time).
It is, however, important to note that Air conditioning applications are not just for residential and human comfort, there are other industrial processes where cool temperatures are required and therefore Air conditioning is utilized examples are; Nuclear facilities where temperature is
kept at 20◦c until a reaction occurs, Mines where temperature is cooled from 55◦c to a more tolerable 28 C, Processes where extremely high levels of air cleanliness are required for the success of the process, Data processing centers, Cold room ( For meat storage) .e.t.c.
The Health Implications of Air conditioning vary, some people are negatively affected by it while some are not. Not properly doing air conditioning service could lead to serious health issues such as a stiff neck, a runny nose, sore throat e.t.c. Air conditioning has a positive effect on
people suffering from Asthma and other allergies, Air conditioning is also favorable to old people during intense heat waves.
A lot of times people lower their temperature settings well below the acceptable temperature for a healthy and comfortable environment which is 22◦C, this creates uncomfortable spaces that are favorable to thermal shock.
The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) standard for comfortable warmth is 18◦C for normal healthy adults who are well dressed. If you happen to be having respiratory problems , they recommend no less than 16◦C, and the sick and disabled or very old and young, the minimum of 20◦C.
Skills are a part of everything, whether it is a student practicing calligraphy or your mom cooking delicious food for you. Do you know? Earlier people tried to master every skill that came across them. But, in this world full of weary people where great inventions take place by the way of serendipity, it is really hard to find people owning diverse and unique skills. Also, it is really hard for us to accomplish our dreams because of lack of skillful people. And if we do find one, they tend to leave a big hole in our pockets.
Our organization has served many clients with home improvement services. Our team of professionals has mastered the skill in each of their fields. The services of our residential electrician are offered on time regardless of any situation in the economy or professional aura. We very well know that contemporary homes and workplaces cannot function without electricity. Also, we know since style and fashion are the essences of everything these days. Therefore, it is very much necessary to offer services that suit the eyes of the spectator. Our organization can very well serve you according to your preferences.
Our tradespeople take care of all the necessary points while doing the wiring of your space. Some of them are:
- They ensure they make use of good quality materials which are duly stamped with a trademark. The durability of material must be longer and, it must not cause any harm to the people living in the house.
- All the wiring and sockets must be chosen according to the design of the house. The residential electrician working does take the preference of the client before they finalize the design of the sockets and switches. They make a detailed study about the size of the wires, transformers, voltage, the current they can carry and much more. This ensures the safety of the family members living in the house.
- After accomplishing the whole task, they make sure there are no loose wires; insulators are placed in an appropriate manner and, all the safety measures are fulfilled.
- They also take care of the meter of the device takes care of the electricity usage is placed in a proper place. Proper place means away from the reach of children and water lines. Also, they ensure there are fraudulent practices being taken place related to the same.
- Last but not the least, the work under the jurisdiction of the state. They abide all the rules and regulations as provided by the electricity department of the state. They conclude their tasks ethically.
Work of a residential electrician is not a task akin to eating. It is an absolute knowledge-driven and methodical task. Our organization hires and trains determined and workaholic employees. Also, proper licenses are issued to each of them that ensure they are capable enough to manage all the electricity work. Therefore, our organization promises you a well-maintained electrical design of your home and that too at reasonable price. Stop wasting your time with all the people having faith on flukes and, avail our best home improvement services now.
Electrical tasks in the house seem to be scary and dangerous when we have never performed them before. But this is actually not true. Below are 6 common electrical repair and replacement projects that you can take on your own without any experience.
- Setting up a new light switch
This is probably one of the most common electrical repair and replacement tasks because light switches are used frequently in any household. Luckily, this is a quite easy thing to do.
After turning off the power, all that you need to do is using a screwdriver and pliers to replace the broken light switch with a new one. Make sure that you choose the right type of light switch wiring to avoid any problem in the future.
- Installing an outlet
Just like replacing a light switch, outlet installation is also a simple task. In fact, you just need to follow the same steps without being worried about choosing the right kind of outlet.
An important thing to remember is not to replace an old grounded outlet with a new ungrounded outlet. Due to its complexity, you need to hire a professional electrician.
- Replacing the light fixtures
In general, a light fixture is often designed with different sizes and shapes, but the attached method and wiring are quite consistent. Therefore, you can apply a procedure for nearly all light fixtures.
As usual, you should always start with turning off the breaker to ensure the safety. Next, remove the light bulb, screws, and electrical box in order and replace with the new light fixture.
- Rewiring a cracked lamp
Whether you’ve just found an old table lamp and want to redecorate it or your favorite one has a corroded socket or frayed cord, wiring a cracked lamp is probably one of the easiest electrical repair tasks in the household. In fact, this project does not take much time and is much more affordable compared to purchasing a new one.
The whole process is all about reversing the lamp. So what you need to do is using a screwdriver and do the wiring as other common electrical tasks mentioned above.
- Replacing an extension cord
In addition to light switches, extension cords also face a lot of pressure, particularly at the end of the plug when prong get broken or bent. Luckily, extension cord plug replacement is a cheap, simple, and quick task rather than purchasing the whole unit.
First, use a utility knife to cut the old one and then replace with the new plug. Make sure to attach 3 wires to the correct area for a proper operation.
- Mapping the breaker panel
One of the most helpful electrical tasks you can perform is to map the breaker panel. Understanding what all breakers regulate might make everything much simpler for electrical repair.
First, you need to take a photo of the current label in case you might want to refer to something. Then, number each label, along with the actual features in the household. By doing this, you can manage the whole system effectively and prevent any possible problems occurring in your house.
You would agree with me that ceilings fans are must-have home appliances. A ceiling fan can potentially limit your over-reliance on an air conditioner and furnace. Currently, there are numerous brands and models of ceiling fans out there on the market, a phenomenon that perhaps make the process of finding the best one a daunting task. Studies have proven that a ceiling fan can potentially reduce your room temperature by close to eight degrees, and this implies that you can afford to raise your thermostat and save on HVAC monthly bills incredibly. It is imperative to mention that a ceiling fan does not actually cool your room. However, it only functions to make you feel relatively cooler by causing some slight cold chill on the skin of yours. Even though many homeowners are capable of ceiling fan installation on their own, it is highly advisable that you should always work with a highly qualified electrician during the installation process.
As we previously mentioned, there are possibly endless types of ceiling fans on the market and choosing the best will always prove to be a challenge. So what should you consider when buying a ceiling fan?
There are various factors that one should consider before purchasing a ceiling fan. The size of your house, cost, blade type and blade pitch, motor quality the number of blades among others are some of the factors that you must consider.
- Motor quality: This is an essential factor to consider. Reliable ceiling fans come equipped with motors featuring lubricated and sealed ball bearings which will need little or no maintenance. More expensive brands boast heavy-duty winding, die-cast casings as well as precision engineering bearings which are not only appealing to the eye but vibrate fairly less as well.
- Energy Star-rated ceiling fans: If you want to save on your monthly energy bills, then energy Star-rated ceiling fan is a must-have device in your home. Such ceiling fans are known to be up to fifty percent more efficient than their conventional ceiling fan counterparts.
- Size is critical: The primary goal of any ceiling fan is to circulate lots of air in cubic feet per minute CMF with relatively less effort. It is imperative to note that size is more important than the number of the blades. For instance, a ceiling fan that features between thirty to forty inches in diameter is likely to have a top speed of 300 CFM. However, a ceiling fan with a width of 52-inch will circulate the same number of fresh air at nearly 200 CMF.
- Warranty: You don’t want to invest your money in a device that will never serve you for many years. Thankfully, most energy Star-rated ceiling fans come covered with a warranty of at least five years. Choose a high-quality ceiling fan which can potentially serve you for a reasonable number of years.
- Blade quality: For efficient performance, you should only opt for a ceiling fan that has its blades treated with moisture sealant. If you didn’t know, moisture sealant prevents your metal blades from tarnishing and scratching. Equally, it prevents wooden blades from peeling and warping.
- Control features: The final thing to consider is the method of controlling your ceiling fan. Typically, there are three distinct ways to control a ceiling fan. You may use a handheld remote, use the pull chain method or wall control. Arguably, the best way to regulate and adjust the functionalities of your ceiling fan is through a remote. This is because handheld remotes allow you to manage and operate your fan from anywhere in your room conveniently.
What are the benefits of installing a ceiling fan?
Ceiling fans allow you to cool your room at low cost.
Ceiling fans usually consume small amounts of energy thus saving you up to $150 in energy costs during their entire lifespan.
Ceiling fans are versatile.
Ceiling fans are incredibly versatile gadgets and can serve you both during the winter and summer. During the hot seasons, you’ll only need to run the blades of your ceiling fans in a clockwise direction to push warm air into your room.
They add beauty to your home.
Ceiling fans usually become part of your room decor. What’s more, they are equally safer for both pets and younger kids.
Electricity has become an integral part of our daily life, and it is now hard to imagine a world without it. Electric stoves, televisions, ovens, HVAC systems, security alarm systems and computers among others, all depend on energy to function. However, the over reliance on electricity has come with lots of other problems as well. This implies that as a homeowner, you’ll have to deal with a whole host of electrical repair projects in your home.
It is imperative to note that when it comes to household electrical projects, your safety is paramount. Increased energy bills, flickering lights, tripping circuit breakers, damaged appliances and perhaps frequent power surges are all problems that you’ll have to deal with as a homeowner. Even though Do-It-Yourself electrical repair projects can be beneficial in some instances, it is highly recommended that all projects should only be carried out by an experienced, qualified and insured electrician. If you didn’t know, when not dealt with appropriately, electricity can cause a number of potentially hazardous problems including electrocution, electrical shocks, and even death. To be on the safest side, you should always seek the help of a well-trained electrician to conduct all your electrical-related issues.
So why would you need to seek the help of a well-trained professional?
- A trained professional knows critical things you probably don’t: Electricity is not only a broad, detailed but a complex topic as well. This implies that before you attempt to repair or handle any repair project, one should have a proper understanding of he/she is dealing with. Electricians usually undergo several years of training before being issued with a work license. Therefore, they know what to expect in every situation and are equally better prepared to mitigate those situations as well.
- Electricity is dangerous: As we previously mentioned, electricity is potentially dangerous, especially when mishandled. It continues to claim the lives of many individuals annually. According to a particular study conducted by California State University, electrocution remains a significant cause of death not only in the United States but major parts of the world as well. In fact, from 1990 to 2005, electrocution was ranked sixth in the list of reasons for workplace-related fatalities. It is strongly advised that homeowners should desist from carrying out Do It Yourself electrical repair projects.
- DIY electrical projects can be costly: This is self-explanatory. Inappropriate and ill-advised electrical repair project will always result in unplanned expensive damages. In fact, even trying to replace an outlet could potentially result in costly electrical damage. To prevent such cases from coming up, homeowners should only consult qualified professionals when electrical repair issues emerge.
- A professional electrician will always do an excellent job: Professional electricians are usually equipped with the necessary tools and gadgets and the ideal job skills to handle whatever electrical problem at hand. Qualified electricians have undergone intensive training on electrical service and repairs, installation as well as maintenance tasks. This implies that when working with a qualified and licensed electrical expert, you are in a high position to get a quality job done. What’s more, you can always be sure that the installed or repaired electrical systems will run efficiently when handled by a qualified electrician. This is because professional electricians have adequate training in the installation, handling and the maintenance of nearly every type of electrical system.
It is apparent that if you want to enhance both the efficiency and durability of your household electrical systems and appliances, you have to carry out routine electrical maintenance.
Check out below for some of the reasons why you should consider routine electrical maintenance.
Routine electrical maintenance guarantees the safety of expensive appliances:
Electrical systems such as air conditioners will need regular maintenance to function at their peak. Equally, it is only through maintenance that you can extend the life of your electrical systems. Simply put, routine preventive electrical maintenance is a worthwhile investment which can save you lots of money in the long run. To ensure that your electrical gadgets are well serviced and maintained, you should call a professional electrician at least once every year.
Regular maintenance can help reduce your energy costs:
A qualified electrician can help identify potential future electrical problems by doing the so-called thermal scan on your electrical gadgets. LED light bulbs, HVAC systems, and other units are known to consume lots of energy when faulty. It is only through regular inspection and maintenance that you can increase the efficiency of such machines.
No homeowner wants their air conditioner to break down all of a sudden – not only does it cause discomfort and a great hassle to you and your home’s other inhabitants, it can also leave a significant dent in your wallet.
Read on to find out about a few different ways you can help avoid emergency air conditioning repair.
1. Put your programmable thermostat to good use. The less work your air conditioner needs to exert, the less chances of it breaking down or failing on you. Your programmable thermostat can manage your air conditioning unit’s amount of work, especially when no one is home. You can adjust the settings of your thermostat so that your air conditioner maintains a relatively higher temperature when the house is empty (meaning it would need to exert less effort keeping the room cool), and will only adjust to a cooler temperature once you and the other members of your family are home. With a programmable thermostat that cleverly manages the work load of your air conditioner, you’re helping your air conditioner last a little longer.
2. Ensure that your home has proper insulation. Especially during the summer months, insulation for your home is critical in keeping it considerably cool. Without the proper insulation, your air conditioning system will have to work that much harder to keep your house cool, and the harder your air conditioning unit works, the more prone it is to breaking down and eventually requiring immediate split system air conditioning repair.
3. Make sure the area where your air conditioning system’s outdoor unit is located is always clean and well-maintained. Foreign materials like fallen leaves, branches, dried twigs and other debris can enter your air conditioner’s outdoor unit, potentially damaging some of its vital components. You must also keep the area around your air conditioning system’s outdoor unit free from potential hazards, such as trees that can fall on the unit during extreme weather. Such accidents will almost certainly entail emergency air conditioning repair.
4. Don’t ignore your air conditioner’s little nuances and changes. If you notice little things like a relatively higher electrical bill this month versus the previous month, though you are certain you used the air conditioner at only around the same frequency, or if you hear small noises coming from your air conditioning unit or detect strange subtle smells, these little nuances can be an indication of bigger problems. And you should have your unit checked immediately before the problem gets worse. Contact your trusted air conditioning service company immediately should you notice any of these subtle signs.
5. Regularly change your air filters. The filters on an air conditioning unit is a simple component of a relatively complex machine, but it is a critical one. Unfortunately, this critical component also experiences the most wear and tear, and at a relatively frequent pace. Regularly cleaning or replacing your air conditioning unit’s filters can save you from bigger problems with your unit in the long run, so never put it off!
Don’t forget to schedule regular air conditioning service. Prevention is always better than the cure, and this is most definitely true when it comes to air conditioning maintenance.
You have enjoyed excellent service from your water heater after the heater installation. A discovery that something is faulty and needs to be repaired is made. You can’t imagine a winter without a heater. Now you need the services of a heater technician; you check your phone book, you check from the internet, you call friends and inquire from neighbors for the best tech around town. The feedback you get is overwhelming and more confusing. You have hundreds of options to at hand to choose from.
Don’t make the mistake of calling a technician whom you are not sure of his or her expertise. A minor repair if not handled correctly may cost you a lot by making it complicated or even forcing a replacement of the whole system. Here are few qualities you should put into consideration when searching for a heater repair.
How long has the technician done this job? A technician may be licensed but with no experience. A technician with several years in the field indicates trust of the society and many satisfied clients. He has come across many issues of heating repair, water heaters commonly have and knows how to deal with them with ease. Competent understanding of how the system operates is not only crucial for better services but minimizes injury or even death.
2.Licensed and duly certified
This is another very critical factor to consider. Nearly all professional jobs require its practitioners to have a permit of practice. The technician should possess the valid licenses, and you should confirm its status first before settling on one. He or she should belong to a professional association for credibility.
Choose a technician who offers you a guarantee for the installation or repair of your water heater system. A guarantee will give you peace of mind knowing that you have someone to raise the alarm to in case things don’t work as expected. A technician offering a guarantee implies that they are confident in their abilities and past performances. It is a sign that they are sure of what they are doing you will love what he or she does. Only trust a technician who believes himself or herself on the work they do.
Every human being will prefer someone or an organization which offers the best of customer care services. For instance a 24/7 emergency service. Your ducted heating repair will not break down at your time of convenience, so you need a technician who will be reachable any time of the day. Make sure you choose and stick to a specialist who will answer your call for assistance any hour of the day, any day of the week to avoid inconveniencing yourself or wasting time waiting for a technician.
choose a professional with a good reputation. He or she must have some references where you can inquire about their past jobs. Contacting a list of both recent and past customers he or she has worked for can help you prove the technician’s reputation. You should also get the relevant details regarding the projects done before, and how they fired on.
6.Cost- Every family would love to save a few coins for other home expenses. Cheap is always expensive, and also expensive is not always the best. Make the right decision when it comes to technician pricing. See if the practitioner understands the current market pricing of certain parts of the water system. Don’t allow to be exploited. Narrow your choices to 2-3 best technicians following the above factors and compare their prices.
Other tips which may help you choose the best heater technician includes: know the right questions to ask, choose a reputable company, look for rebates, read online reviews, and ask friends and neighbours.
During hot days, there is not a single instance when we switch off the air conditioner and whether it is our home or our workplace, the air conditioner is always on. Air conditioners are also machines and therefore, they are prone to come up with certain issues that might steal the luxury of you using the system for some time. Hence, it is necessary to get your air conditioning unit serviced regularly to enjoy uninterrupted cooling otherwise; you might have to go through an air conditioning repairs process that might cost you some extra bucks, which is unnecessary. It is impossible that you will turn off the AC during hot summer days, so maintaining it as per the usage is an important thing to do for uninterrupted cooling. With regular maintenance and servicing, you can prevent air conditioning repair. It will not only help you avoid any breakdowns but also help you save some money that you will have to spend replacing the old parts. Here are some ways by which you can easily maintain your air conditioning system.
Cleaning the outdoor unit:
The outdoor unit of an air conditioning is dirtier and prone to getting damaged in comparison with the indoor unit. This is because; the outdoor unit is also the exhaust of the air conditioner that throws out the unwanted air from the rooms. It attracts more dust particles than anything else in the system. So, cleaning it with a hose is a good thing to do to make the exhaust work properly. Otherwise, debris and other dust particles will keep depositing on the fans and the motor and at last, it will stop functioning properly.
Cleaning the indoor unit:
This is where the cool air circulates from. Make sure that there are no dust particles attached to the screens and the vents, it can block the air passage, making the air conditioner to use more power to throw out the air. It is not only necessary to keep the air conditioner working properly but the dust particles can mix with the air it is throwing and there is a possibility of you inhaling the contaminated air, making you allergic and sick.
Air filters need to be replaced once in a while:
Depending on the usage, make sure that the air filters of your air conditioner are replaced on a timely basis. This will help you breathe clean air. Schedule it on your mobile device that in every three months you have to replace the air filters of your AC; being on a schedule will help you to combat future problems that may lead to air conditioning repair scenarios.
Keep the system pest-free:
This is yet another thing that will help you maintain your air conditioning system for years. By ensuring that rodents or critters like rats or squirrels are not using your AC system as their beloved home can help you save some extra bucks on repair. Rats have the tendency to nibble on the wires and other components they find interesting. Thus, having a regular pest control in your house is a great way to deal with the critters that can easily damage your property.
Word of caution:
It is necessary that when you do air conditioning service all by yourself, make sure that all the wires are unplugged. And handle the copper wires with delicate hands or else there is a probability of you denting it.
If you are an individual who lives in a relatively hotter region, you probably know how air conditioning is an essential commodity. Air conditioners are intended to regulate both the humidity and the temperatures of a house, giving you the desired comfort.Thanks to the technological advancements, we now have a wide variety of heating and cooling devices to choose from. A special type of AC, known as the split system is currently the most preferred heating and cooling device. In fact, it is a decent alternative to the centralized, wall or window cooling units. However, it is imperative to note that it is perfect for cooling a standard-sized house. It is easy to install and with minimal installation costs.
A split system HVAC consists of two main components that look very similar, namely the compressor and the evaporator. However, these elements are located at different locations, with one being outside the house while the other one being indoors. The component installed inside your house contains the fan as well as the evaporator. On the other hand, the outside element houses the compressor and is charged with the duty of the entire cooling process. These two functional parts are connected with a series of tubing as well as electrical cables that transfer the air between them.
Regarding how a split system air conditioner works, there is a thermostat that regulates the compressor. After detecting the relatively warmer air, the thermostat then activates the outdoor component that houses the compressor. The compressor, in turn, releases a refrigerant gas thus raising both the pressure and the temperature of the coolant. This is achieved through the compression of the refrigerant as it passes through a series of tubes. After this, the refrigerant is transferred to the condenser for additional processing. There is a cooling unit inside the condenser that eliminates heat from the high-pressure gas. This ensures that the gas is changed into a liquid. The liquid is then passed through your indoor tubing ensuring that it reaches the evaporator unit. Inside your house, there is an evaporator fan which gathers warm air, moving it to the chamber which contains the liquid refrigerant. By blowing this cooled air back into your room, the overall temperature of the house will drop drastically.
What to look for when purchasing a split system air conditioner.
Just like any other home appliance, there are key factors that you should take into consideration before investing in a split system air conditioner.
1. Tubing: It is critical to note that in addition to purchasing a split system air conditioner, you’ll be needed to invest in the tubing. Typically, it will be used to link the outdoor and the indoor components of your cooling and heating device. In this regard, the length of tubing you’ll need entirely depends on how far these two parts are apart from each other.
How many rooms do you want to cool? If you only intend to cool a single room, then it would be unnecessary buying a system that will work for your entire structure. Again, a single zone device may not be adequate to cool the multiple rooms in your house. Depending on your current needs, and with the help of an experienced air conditioning repair perth technician, you’ll always find a unit that suits your demands.
2. The cooling speed: Your split system air conditioner must have an adjustable temperature control with at least two cooling speeds. Again, an energy efficient functionality will be an important aspect since it will allow you to minimize your energy costs while still offering excellent cooling.
3. Dual function: Currently, air conditioners are not just about cooling. We now have multi-purpose HVAC products which you can equally use during cold periods for heating purpose. If you didn’t know, experts agree that Cold and Hot air conditioners can potentially save you up to thirty-five percent energy than the other heating devices.
4. Other factors: Some air conditioners come equipped with the so-called dehumidification functionality which decreases the amount of humidity in the air thus increasing the efficiency of the cooling process. Again, it would be an excellent idea to check the noise levels of your device, which often ranges between nine to sixty decibels. Finally, your unit should be equipped with an auto restart controller to help restore its final setting after power break incidences.
With time or may be as a result of poor maintenance practices, your split air conditioner will eventually start to cause you problems. Issues such as reduced cooling capacity, insufficient cooling, damaged compressor, motor problems will then become quite common. When seeking for air conditioning repair services, you should only work with the most experienced and licensed HVAC technicians. When handled inappropriately, more problems could develop, rendering your useful component worthless.
Scorching hot days not only mean intensely high temperatures, but also high expenses. Hot days can especially cause your electric bill to skyrocket – poorly maintained air conditioner, not properly installed and in operation all day can lead to very high costs.
But it’s not like you can turn on the air conditioner on a hot summer day – or can you? Believe it or not, there are ways that you can save on your electricity bill even when you regularly use the air conditioner. All it takes is a few small steps that lead to big savings.
If you want to keep your home a cool and comfortable place to live in for you and your family but don’t want the surprise of an extremely high electricity bill at the end of the month.
Here are a few tips to help you save money and electricity with smart air conditioning.
- Keep your air conditioning unit running in the morning but turned off at night. Days are normally warmer than nights and when you will need the air conditioner more. So keep your air conditioner running during the daytime hours, but conserve energy and electricity by turning the air conditioner off at night. Open your windows and let the cool night air in, instead of having the air conditioner cool your room for you.
- Replace your air conditioner’s filter regularly. Keeping your air conditioner running at optimized levels allows you to get the most out of it while keeping your electricity costs at bay. Make sure you regularly check and clean your air conditioner. The easiest way to maintain your air conditioning unit is to constantly check if its filter is clean. The filter can get clogged with dirt and dust, so cleaning it or replacing it when needed allows the air conditioner to run better.
- Install weather stripping around your doors and windows to ensure that cool air by the air conditioner will not escape through cracks and small spaces around these doors and windows. Furthermore, properly insulating your home from the heat will make it easier for your air conditioning unit to cool the many spaces of your home.
- Keep your thermostat at 72 degrees Fahrenheit or 22 degrees Celsius, as this is the optimal temperature if you want to save on your electricity bill. Note that for every degree that you increase your thermostat, the more you’ll save on your electricity bill. You can also have a programmable thermostat installed with a timer so you can have the system adjust the temperature automatically for you in an efficient and optimal way.
- Lessen the asphalt, rock and cement on the south and west areas outside your home, as these materials can heat up and increase the temperature around the house and consequently inside the house as well. If your landscaping requires a lot of these materials, make sure the areas where they are placed are shaded.